Qlik Sense Future Scope – Roadmap of Qlik Sense for 2019
In our Qlik Sense tutorial, we have learned enough features and capabilities of the tool. This shows the efficiency and potential of Qlik Sense as a good business intelligence tool. Today, we will see the Qlik Sense Future Scope. So, let us take this though a step ahead and discuss the future and scope of Qlik Sense in BI space.
Keeping you updated with latest technology trends, Join DataFlair on Telegram
1. What’s Qlik Sense Future Scope?
As we know, Qlik Sense is a self-service data visualization, discovery, and analysis tool. It is widely known for its self-service capability and ease-of-use as it gives the user. Also, for the freedom, it gives to analyze data in whichever way they like. The tool is rated highly in terms of ease of use, quality of support, and ease of setup.
Worldwide organizations prefer it more because it provides an easy drag and drop functionality to create visualizations using data instead of relying on complicated scripting. Along with this, Qlik Sense is famous for its responsive design and scalability to any type of device, data storytelling, sharing and integration, enterprise-level governance capabilities for large enterprise deployments.
As far as we concern the Qlik Sense future scope, looking at the current scenario and demand of Qlik Sense, it can only be replaced by a modern tool having revolutionary technology in the future. But, for now, Qlik Sense and QlikView have proven to be unique and promising tools because of their quick data processing and analysis capabilities due to the in-memory associative QIX engine. Thus, Qlik Sense is an in-demand BI software in today’s’ time and expect to remain so. It also opens many job avenues for skilled Qlik Sense professionals.
2. What is Customers Verdict for Qlik Sense?
A good way to anticipate the Qlik Sense future scope and weight its potential is to see what users or customers of Qlik Sense have to say about it. Because if a tool manages to keep its customers satisfied by catering to their needs well, then it is indeed a promising tool with a promising future.
According to the customer’s latest reviews of Qlik Sense, there are a lot of features and capabilities due to which it is a well-appreciated tool in the market. The highlighted features are listed below,
- Qlik Sense is great in built-in ETL which enables importing data from varied/multiple sources and molding it into Qlik Sense data models.
- Excellent ad hoc reporting and data visualization capabilities. Users appreciate the user-friendly dynamic dashboards and the intuitive design of the tool.
- Scalable solutions supporting multi-node deployment. Cloud-based deployments are also easy.
- A robust, secure and customizable data security technology named section access.
- Robust associative and aggregation engine with extended self-service capabilities.
i. Qlik Sense needs improvements
According to the users,
- Qlik Sense performance decreases when it comes to handling large amounts of data.
- Visualizations are not very customizable.
- There is no central repository or library for all the applications and it also lacks a central governance tool.
- For advanced analytical objects, one needs to use extension objects as the built-in objects are basic.
- It is a very new tool in business intelligence as compared to other big players and needs maturation in several aspects.
3. Qlik’s Future Roadmap for Qlik Sense
Qlik constantly focuses on the betterment of its tools and so, Qlik Sense has also been improved in many areas. Some recent areas of focus for the improvement of the tool are augmented intelligence, machine learning, next-generation multi-cloud engine, data management, big data analysis, accelerating dual use of Qlik Sense and QlikView etc.
Along with this, Qlik has worked on the data preparation capabilities of Qlik Sense. Qlik will release four new versions of Qlik Sense in the year 2019. Let us have a look at the new features and capabilities they are plan on adding.
- Self-service and smart data preparation by augmented intelligence features like recommending associations, profiling data, auto-generating insights.
- New data transformation capabilities for managing data quality, customizing value ordering, value merging, and field splitting.
- Ability to perform the sequential transformation on tables and fields, creating data buckets under data binning.
- New Qlik cognitive engine which enables automated AI driven insights and suggestions.
- Comparative analysis using which you can compare two data sets over multiple visualizations simultaneously.
- New extension bundles for building advanced application features such as a button object for navigation, data range picker, variable input object, input boxes, menus, sliders, containers etc.
- Introducing new visualizations such as a Sankey chart, multi-dimensional pie-chart named rose chart, radar chart, funnel chart etc.
- Upgrades for the iOS app for Touch ID® and Face ID® support, and expanded EMM support including a new Blackberry® EMM product. Also, a new native app for Android™ with offline support is also in the pipeline.
Recommended Reading – Qlik Sense Career Opportunities
So, this was all about Qlik Sense Future Scope. Hope it helped you.
In conclusion, Qlik Sense is an efficient tool with increasing demand in the market due to its ease of use and simplicity as a data visualization and discovery tool. Thus, Qlik Sense has tremendous scope and a promising future if it keeps up with the customer demands and market trends and maintains a timely release of updates like its competitors like Power BI and Tableau. Still, if you have any question related to Qlik Sense Future Scope, ask in the comment tab.
You must read – Top Qlik Sense Interview Questions