Microsoft POWER BI Tutorial – Learn Power BI (Advance 2018)
1. Power BI – Objective
In this Microsoft Power BI tutorial, we are going to explore a new business analytics service given by Microsoft, called Power BI (Business Intelligence). In this Power BI tutorial, we are going to discuss what is Power BI with its history. Moreover, we will see the strength of Power BI and Power BI limitations. Along with this, we will cover the tools used in Power BI and Power BI cost.
So, let’s start Power BI Tutorial.
2. What is the Power BI?
Power metallic element is a business analytics service provided by Microsoft. It provides interactive visualizations with self-service business intelligence capabilities. Wherever finish users will produce reports and dashboards by themselves, while not having to rely on data technology employees or info directors.
3. What is Power Metallic Element?
Power metallic element provides cloud-based metallic element services, called “Power metallic element Services”. At the side of a desktop based mostly interface, referred to as “Power metallic element Desktop”. It offers information warehouse capabilities as well as information preparation, information discovery and interactive dashboards. In March 2016, Microsoft free a further service referred to as Power metallic element Embedded on its Azure cloud platform.
4. Power BI Tutorial – History
This application was originally planned by Dhers and ruler Netz of the SQL server coverage services team at Microsoft. It absolutely was originally designed by West Chadic George within the summer of 2010 and named Project Crescent. Project Crescent was at the start accessible for public transfer on July eleven, 2011 bundled with SQL Server Codename Mount McKinley. Later renamed to Power metallic element it absolutely was then unveiled by Microsoft in Sept 2013 as Power metallic element for workplace 365.
The primary unleashes of Power metallic element was supported the Microsoft Excel-based add-ins: Power question, Power Pivot, and Power read. With time, Microsoft additionally intercalary several extra options like Question and Answers, enterprise-level information property, and security choices via Power metallic element Gateways. Power metallic element was 1st free to the final public on July twenty-four, 2015.
5. Power BI for Real-Time Insights
Microsoft Power BI may be a knowledge visualization tool that transforms and models known to gift as a dashboard or report. This business analytics product permits organizations to collect real-time insights. Having access to real-time knowledge visualizations enable firms to use prognostic analyses to uncover future opportunities and higher perceive their customers.
6. Power BI Strengths
In this part of the Power BI Tutorial, we are discussing the Strengths of Power BI.
- The strengths of Power BI embody dashboards, reports, datasets, and workbooks.
- A knowledge set is a data that users will import into Power BI.
- A report in Power BI area unit visualizations that embody graphs and charts.
- Reports area unit displayed as knowledge tables, graphs, or relationships.
- Reports visualize knowledge from one dataset and multiple reports are added to a dashboard. An influence Bi dashboard is one page with visualizations that offer a summary of the business.
- Dashboards enable a business to observe the necessary metrics because the knowledge adjusts moreover as have sharing capabilities that offer consistent data to all or any members of a company.
7. Tools Used with Power BI
Here, in this part of the Power BI Tutorial, we will cover the major tools used in Power BI
- Power BI primarily uses the tools Power question, Power Pivot, and Power read to model knowledge.
- Power question permits users to attach to several different kinds of sources to remodel and edit their data.
- Some Power question transformations embody adding/ removing columns, rending columns, and changing knowledge into a distinct kind.
- Power Pivot then takes this reworked knowledge and models it via good formulas. Afterwards, Power read creates visualizations of the information analyzed by Power Pivot.
8. Power BI Advantages
We will cover all possible advantages of Power BI, in this part of the Power BI Tutorial.
- Power BI holds several blessings over its competitors. Excel, Tableau, and Spotfire area unit different visualization tools that area unit typically compared with Power BI.
- Power BI may be a higher different to surpass as a result of it will handle giant knowledge sets and filter knowledge simply.
- Users will combine knowledge sources by making relationships between knowledge sets. Additionally, the interactive computer program of the tool permits for easier knowledge visualization.
- Tableau and Spotfire area unit typically cited as leaders in knowledge visualization and analysis. However, Power BI holds some blessings over these 2 platforms.
Power BI is usually easier to be told than Tableau and Spotfire which inspires cross-division collaboration on knowledge analysis. Power BI additionally has easier sharing choices and connects well with different Microsoft merchandise additionally to external sources.
9. Power BI – Cost
Most significantly, the ability Bi tool prices less to implement whereas providing several equivalent services like Tableau and Spotfire. It’s straightforward to use tool for self-service analytics which permits users to form their own interactive dashboards and knowledge transformations with nominal knowledge science expertise. Since Power BI may be a cloud-based mostly service, it updates mechanically and reports are accessed from various platforms (iOS app, web app, and humanoid app).
The tool is used with different Microsoft merchandise adore Azure, SQL, and it additionally accepts knowledge from various sources adore surpass Google Analytics and SalesForce. By victimization the $ 64000-time knowledge visualizations provided by Power BI, businesses will begin to require full advantage of prognostic analytics to boost their business operations.
So, this was all about Power BI Tutorial. Hope you like our explanation.
Hence, in this Power BI Tutorial, we studied introduction to Power BI, Cost, Strength, Advantages, and Tools. Furthermore, if you have any query, feel free to ask in the comment box.
Related Topic – Power BI Building Blocks