Create Power BI Combo Chart with Fundamental, Single-Pivot Charts
In our previous tutorial, we studied Power BI ArcGIS Maps. Today we will talk about Power BI Combo Chart. Moreover, we will study how to make a Fundamental chart, Single-Pivot, and Combo chart in Power BI. Along with this, we will cover, Add titles to the tomahawks, and Cross-featuring and cross-separating.
So, let’s start the Power BI Combo Chart.
2. Power BI Combo Chart
In Power BI, a combo chart is a solitary representation that joins a line chart and a section chart. Joining the 2 charts into one gives you a chance to make a faster correlation of the information.
Power BI Combo Chart can have maybe a couple Y tomahawks.
At the point when to utilize a Combo Chart in Power BI.
- Power BI Combo charts are an extraordinary decision.
- When you have a line chart and a section chart with a similar X pivot.
- To contrast numerous measures and distinctive esteem ranges.
- To show the relationship between’s two measures in a single representation.
- To check whether one measure meets the objective which is characterized by another measure to save canvas space.
3. Essentials for Combo Chart in Power BI
Combo charts are accessible in Power BI administration and Power BI Desktop. This instructional exercise utilizes Power BI administration to make a Combo chart. To take after a long, open Power BI administration and interface with the “Retail Analysis” test directions beneath.
4. How to Make a Fundamental, Single-Pivot, Combo Chart in Power BI
To make your own particular Power BI combo chart, sign in to Power BI benefit and select Get Data > Samples > Retail Analysis Sample > Connect >Go to dashboard.
- From the “Retail Analysis Sample” dashboard, select the Total Stores tile to open the “Retail Analysis Sample” report.
- Select Edit Report to open the report in Editing View.
- Include another report page.
- Make a segment chart that shows the current year’s deals and gross edge by month.
- From the Fields sheet, select Sales > This Year Sales > Value.
- Drag Sales > Gross Margin This Year to the Value well.
- Select Time > FiscalMonth to add it to the Axis well.
- Select the ovals (…) in the upper-right corner of the perception, and select Sort by FiscalMonth. You may need to choose it twice to sort rising or dropping.
- Change over the section chart to a Power BI combo chart. With the segment chart choose, from the Visualizations sheet select the line and grouped section chart.
- From the Fields sheet, drag Sales > Last Year Sales to the Line Values can.
Your Power BI combo chart should look something like this:
5. How to Create Power BI Combo Chart with Two Tomahawks
In this errand, we’ll look at net edge and deals.
- Make another line chart that tracks Gross Margin a year ago % by Month. In January GM% was 35%, crested at 45% in April, dropped in July and topped again in August. Will we see a comparative example in deals a year ago and this year?
- Include This Year Sales > Value and Last Year Sales to the line chart. The size of Gross Margin Last Year % is substantially littler than the size of Sales which makes it hard to look at.
- To make the visual less demanding to peruse and decipher, change over the line chart to a Line and Stacked Column chart.
- Drag Gross Margin Last Year % from Column Values into Line Values. Power BI makes two tomahawks, in this way permitting the datasets to be scaled in an unexpected way; the left measures deal dollars and the correct measure’s rate.
6. How to Add Titles to Tomahawks
Here, we are the steps to add Titles to tomahawks in Power BI Combo chart:
- Select the paint roller symbol to open the Formatting sheet.
- Select the down bolt to extend the Y-hub choices.
- For Y-Axis (Column), set Position to Left, set Title to On, Style to Show title just, and Display as Millions.
- Under Y-Axis (Column), look down and guarantee that Show Secondary is set to On. This presentations alternatives for designing the line chart part of the combo chart.
- For Y-Axis (Line), leave Position as Right, swing Title to On, and set Style to Show title as it were.
Your Power BI combo chart currently shows double tomahawks, both with titles.
- Alternatively, change the content text style, size, and shading and set other organizing choices to enhance the show and intelligibility of the chart.
From here you may need to:
- Include the combo chart as a dashboard tile.
- Spare the report.
- Make the report more open for individuals with handicaps.
7. Cross-Featuring and Cross-Separating
Featuring a section or line in a combo chart cross-features and cross-channels alternate perceptions on the report page… what’s more, the other way around. Utilize visual collaborations to change this default conduct.
So, this was all about Power BI Combo Chart. Hope you like our explanation
Hence, in this tutorial, we learned about Power BI Combo Chart. In addition, we covered, how to make a Fundamental chart, Single-Pivot, and Combo chart in Power BI. In conclusion, we saw how to add titles to the tomahawks, and Cross-featuring and cross-separating.
See Also – Power BI Data Sources