Create Hyperlink in Power BI in Dashboard & Excel Power Pivot
Stay updated with latest technology trends
Join DataFlair on Telegram!!
In our last tutorial, we studied Power BI Radial Gauge Chart. Today, in this Power BI Hyperlink tutorial, we will learn about how to create a hyperlink in a table or matrix using Power BI Desktop and create a table or matrix hyperlink in Excel Power Pivot and considerations and troubleshooting of Hyperlink in Power BI.
So, let’s begin how to create Hyperlink in Power BI.
2. Power BI Hyperlink
This point trains you how to utilize Power BI Desktop to make hyperlinks. At that point, once made, utilize either Desktop or Power BI administration to add those hyperlinks to your report tables and grids.
NOTE: Hyperlink in Power BI, tiles on dashboards and content boxes on dashboards can be made on-the-fly utilizing Power BI benefit. Hyperlinks in content boxes in reports can be made on-the-fly utilizing Power BI administration and Power BI Desktop.
3. How to Create Hyperlink in Power BI Desktop
Hyperlinks in tables and lattices can create in Power BI Desktop, however not from Power BI Service. Hyperlinks can likewise be made in Excel Power Pivot before the exercise manual is transported in into Power BI. The two strategies are portrayed beneath.
Do You Know How to Create Power BI Treemap
4. How to Make a Table or Network Hyperlink in Power BI Desktop
The technique for including a hyperlink in Power BI depends whether you’ve imported the information or associated with it utilizing DirectQuery. The two situations are portrayed beneath.
a. For information imported into Power BI
- In the event that the hyperlink doesn’t as of now exist as a field in your dataset, utilize Desktop to include it as a custom section.
- Data see, select the section and in the Modeling, tab picks the drop-down for Data Category.
- Select Web URL.
- Change to Report see and make a table or framework utilizing the field classified as a Web URL. The hyperlinks will be blue and underlined.
- On the off chance that you would prefer not to show a long URL in a table, you can show a hyperlink symbol. Note that you can’t show symbols in lattices.
- Select the diagram to make it dynamic.
- Select the paint roller symbol to open the Formatting tab.
- Grow Values, find URL symbol and swing it to On.
- Publish the report from Desktop to Power BI administration and open the report in Power BI benefit. The hyperlinks in Power BI will work there too.
b. For information associated with DirectQuery
You won’t have the capacity to make another segment in DirectQuery mode. Be that as it may, if your information as of now contains URLs, you can transform those into hyperlinks.
- In Report see, make a table utilizing a field that contains URLs.
- Select the segment, and in the Modeling tab, pick the drop-down for Data Category.
- Select Web URL. The hyperlinks will be blue and underlined.
- (Discretionary) Publish the report from Desktop to Power BI administration and open the report in Power BI benefit. The hyperlinks will work there also.
5. How to Make a Table or Grid Hyperlink in Excel Power Pivot
Another approach to adding hyperlinks in Power BI tables and networks is to make the hyperlinks in the dataset before you import/associate with that dataset from Power BI. This illustration utilizes an Excel exercise manual.
- Open the exercise manual in Excel.
- Select the PowerPivot tab and afterwards pick Manage.
- At the point when PowerPivot opens, select the Advanced tab.
- Place your cursor in the section that contains the URLs that you’d get a kick out of the chance to transform into a hyperlink in Power BI tables.
NOTE: The URLS must begin with http://, https://or www.
- In the Reporting Properties gathering, select the Data Category drop-down and pick Web URL.
- From the Power BI administration or Power BI Desktop, associate with or import this exercise manual.
- Make a table perception that incorporates the URL field.
6. Considerations and Troubleshooting
Q: Can I utilize a custom URL as a hyperlink in Power BI table or framework?
Ans: No, you can utilize a connection symbol. On the off chance that you require custom content for your hyperlinks and your rundown of URLs is short, consider utilizing a content box.
So, this was all about Power BI Hyperlink Tutorial. Hope you like our explanation.
Hence, in this Power BI tutorial, we learned about how to create a hyperlink in Power BI in Dashboard and table or matrix hyperlink in Excel Power Pivot. At last, we discussed considerations and troubleshooting of Hyperlink in Power BI.
Related Topic- Power BI Custom Visualization