Roles of Power BI Developer – Make your Vision clear & upgrade your Skills!
In this article, we will shed some light on the roles and responsibilities of a Power BI Developer. Skilled professionals as Power BI developers are highly in demand by the companies worldwide. Here, we will explore this job title further and learn about the basic requirements for this job and the roles and responsibilities of a Power BI developer.
Basic Requirements for a Power BI Developer
Here are some general background requirements for the position of a Power BI developer:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Information System. Besides that, one needs to have considerable work experience in similar fields.
- Experience of 5+ years in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects.
- Experience of 5+ years and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
- 3 to 4 years of experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI or Tableau.
- Should be familiar and experienced in SQL.
Gain Expertise in the database query language with 40+ Free Tutorials on SQL
Stay updated with latest technology trends
Join DataFlair on Telegram!!
Roles and Responsibilities of a Power BI Developer
The main roles and responsibilities of a Power BI developer are discussed below:
- Power BI development and administration.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards.
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources.
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Should have knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, PolyBase, Visual Studio, etc.
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation. Also, one must be experienced in developing custom visuals for Power BI.
This concludes our discussion on the roles of a Power BI developer. In this article, we have briefly looked at the basic requirements and roles and responsibilities of the Power BI developer. We hope the information provided is helpful for you if you are considering to work as a Power BI developer.
Share your views on this article through comments.