Why R | 4 Reason to Why Learn R Programming Language
1. Why R: Objective
In this Why R tutorial, we are going to discuss why learn R programming and what can you do with R Programming? As R is a leading programming language, there are many reasons to learn R and many benefits of R. We will first discuss what is R, Importance of R programming in data science and business. We will also cover the different features and limitations of R programming in this Why R tutorial. But before beginning with the Why learn R Programming, let us understand what is R.
So, let’s start the tutorial of Why learn R.
2. What is R?
R is a leading tool for machine learning, statistics, and data analysis. It is a programming language. By using R we can create objects, functions, and packages. R language is a platform independent so we can use it on any operating systems. The installation of R is free so we can use it without purchasing a license.
It is not only statistic package and is an open source. It means anyone can examine the source code to see what exactly is doing on screen. Anyone can add a feature and fix bugs without waiting for the vendor to do this. Thus, it allows you to integrate with other languages (C, C++). It also enables you to interact with many data sources and statistical packages (SAS, SPSS). R has large growing community of users. Now lets see the importance of R Programming language, to understand Why R is used and Why learn R Programming Language. You will know how powerful is R.
3. Importance of R Programming Language
Let’s now discuss why R Programming is important to learn?
i. Why is R important for data science?
- You can run your code without any Compiler – R is an interpreted language. Hence we can run Code without any compiler. R interprets the Code and makes the development of code easier.
- Many calculations done with vectors – R is a vector language, so anyone can add functions to a single Vector without putting in a loop. Hence, R is powerful and faster than other languages.
- Statistical Language– R used in biology, genetics as well as in statistics. R is a turning complete language where any type of task can perform.
ii. Why is R Good for Business?
- The most important reason why R is good for business is that it is an open source. R is great for visualization. As per new research, R has far more capabilities as compared to earlier tools.
- For data-driven business, data science talent shortage is a very big problem. Companies are using R programming as their platform and recruit trained users of R.
4. Statistical Features of R
There are so many features of R programming which makes it important to learn. Let’s discuss them one by one-
i. R has some topical relevance
- It is free, open source software.
- R is available under free software Foundation.
ii. R has some statistical features
- Basic Statistics – Mean, variance, median.
- Static graphics – Basic plots, graphic maps.
- Probability distributions – Beta, Binomial.
Any Doubt yet in Why Learn R programming? Please Comment.
5. Programming Features of R
R also have lots of programming features which we will discuss below-
i. R has some topical relevance
- Data inputs such as data type, importing data, keyboard typing.
- Data Management such as data variables, operators.
ii. R has some programming features
- Distributed Computing – Distributed computing is an open source, high-performance platform for the R language. It splits tasks between multiple processing nodes to reduce execution time and analyze large datasets.
- R packages – R packages are a collection of R functions, compiled code and sample data. By default, R installs a set of packages during installation.
6. Advantages and Disadvantages of R
There are various benefits of R as well as limitations of R language. Let us discuss them-
i. Advantages of R Programming
- R is the most comprehensive statistical analysis package as new technology and ideas often appear first in R.
- R is open-source software. Hence anyone can use and change it.
- R is an open source. We can run R anywhere and at any time, and even sell it under conditions of the license.
- R is good for GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows. R is cross-platform which runs on many operating systems.
- In R, anyone is welcome to provide bug fixes, code enhancements, and new packages.
ii. Disadvantages of R Programming
- In R, quality of some packages is less than perfect.
- In R, no one to complain, if something doesn’t work.
- R is a software Application that many people devote their own time to developing.
- R commands give little thought to memory management, and so R can consume all available memory.
So, this was all about R Programming. Hope you like our explanation.
7. Conclusion: Why R?
In Conclusion of this why R tutorial, we can say that the most promising features and usages of R having its ability to learn. Hence, there are several things to learn about and choose R with their own pros and cons.
If you like this blog on Why R Programming or have any query for why you should learn R Programming, so please share with us in the comment section.
Hope you like the Why R tutorial.