Hadoop Career Growth – Salary & Jobs in Hadoop Technology
Stay updated with the latest technology trends while you're on the move - Join DataFlair's Telegram Channel
1. Hadoop Career – Objective
Today, in this Hadoop tutorial, we will discuss Hadoop Career Opportunities. Moreover, we will discuss Big data Hadoop Jobs, Hadoop Career Growth, and Hadoop Deployment. Also, we will discuss reasons to learn Hadoop and top companies that are using the Hadoop Technology. At last, we will see the job titles and annual average salary of Hadoop Professionals.
There has been a massive increase in Big Data startups, in the past few years. That says, more and more companies are slowly adopting and moving towards Big Data and all are trying to deal with Big Data and helping organizations to understand Big Data. But to understand and Analyse that Big Data, one of the pioneer technologies is in major use that is Hadoop. So, we can say the Hadoop era begins.
So, let’s start exploring Hadoop Career Opportunities.
2. Hadoop Deployment – Hadoop Jobs Trends
In order to make sense of all the Big Data that is being created on a regular basis, Hadoop is being extensively used by both small and large companies. Well, we can say, 90% of all data that we have today was created in alone last two years. Therefore, all the organizations now know the advantages of using Big Data analytics. Using Big Data enhanced their decision-making capabilities, as well as it also helped them in getting better business insights.
Though, coming to the point, all organizations are adopting Hadoop to analyze Big Data nowadays. Thus, its demand is rising rapidly. So, make sure that the candidates who want to pursue their career in this field, for them it is the right time to start learning Hadoop and Spark. Here are some fresh facts you must know about Hadoop:
- By 2022, its market is expected to reach $99.31B at a CAGR of 42.1% -Forbes.
- Due to the prediction of McKinsey, there will be a shortage of 1.5M data experts, by 2018.
- According to Indeed.com salary data, average Salary of Big Data Hadoop Developers is $135k ().
Hence, either as a fresher or experienced, it will be a good start for sure. In addition, the Big Data is increasing at an accelerating rate and the opportunity is growing at a simultaneous rate, and this is ever growing field which will always be in demand, therefore, moving to Big Data domain can be one of the best career moves for tech professionals.
If these professionals can make a switch to Big Data, so can you:
3. Hadoop Career – Prerequisites to Learn Hadoop
Well, there is no such prerequisites for learning Hadoop. Yet, before learning Hadoop, it will be advantageous to have prior exposure to Core Java, any of the Linux operating system flavors, as well as database concepts. Well, there are few points you can keep in mind for better learning:
- If you want to learn that how to write a MapReduce program in different programming languages and execute parallel processing over HDFS (Hadoop storage), then programming background and little knowledge of Java, Scala or Python will be helpful.
- Moreover, you will get a head start in learning Hadoop ecosystem tools like Pig, Hive etc, along with knowledge of SQL.
- And, you will feel comfortable in working with HBase with working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
4. Hadoop Career – Right Audience
Though, for all the IT Professionals, the market for Big Data analytics is a great opportunity. But specifically, some of the IT Professional groups can have many benefits of moving into Big data domain, such as:
- Developers and Architects.
- BI /ETL/DW professionals.
- Senior IT Professionals.
- Testing professionals.
- Mainframe professionals.
5. Big Data Hadoop Job Titles
It is possible to adopt any of the Big Data & Hadoop job profile on the basis of your former profile as well as interest.
So, some popular Big data job titles are:
- Hadoop / Big Data Developer.
- Hadoop Administrator.
- Data Engineer.
- Big Data Architect.
- Machine Learning Engineer.
- Software Development Engineer.
- Big data Engineer.
- Big Data Consultant.
6. Hadoop Career Growth
As we discussed earlier that Hadoop deployment is rising with each passing day. So, learning the Hadoop can immensely add growth to your Big Data Career.
Now, from a global or sort-of global standpoint, let’s see the job trend for Hadoop. However, the census only belongs to U.K. Still it gives us a very good idea of how Hadoop is doing.
7. Hadoop Career – Annual Salary in Hadoop
According to itjobswatch.co.uk, the average annual salary is £66,250-£66,750, in the United Kingdom. Asper Indeed.com, for Hadoop developer, average annual salary for Hadoop jobs ranges between $92,512 to $102,679. Whereas, according to Payscale.com, the average Hadoop salary ranges from Rs. 4,05,880 to Rs. 5,825,000 in India, on the basis of your experience.
Have a look at Big Data Use Cases
However, by some giants, the Hadoop Developers hourly salary in the United Kingdom, are:
- £61 – £67 hourly: Explore Group
- £48 – £52 hourly: BBC
- £49 – £53 hourly: Eames Consulting Group
Well, again, from a global or sort-of global standpoint, above image shows the salary trend for Hadoop. However, the census only belongs to U.K. still it gives us a very good idea of how Hadoop is doing.
8. Reasons to Switch Career to Hadoop
- Hadoop is a natural career progression for Java developers.
- The industry is looking for Hadoop professionals.
- Bigger Pay Packages for Hadoop professionals.
- Opportunities to move into other lucrative fields.
9. 8 Hadoop Companies That You Must Know
- Amazon Web Services
- MapR Technologies
- Pivotal Software
So, this was all in Hadoop Career. Hope you like our explanation of Hadoop Jobs and Salary.
10. Conclusion: Hadoop Career
In order to grow in their careers, professionals need to keep pace with the changing times, because technology keeps on changing and gets upgraded. So, it will be the best career decision to switch to Big Data Hadoop, it will make to excel in your career in present times, for sure.
Hence, we discussed Hadoop Career Opportunities. Moreover, we saw Big Data Hadoop jobs trends, their titles, and average salary. Also, we discussed the future scope in Hadoop Career. Tell us about your experience of reading the blog of Hadoop Careers.
See also –
Top Hadoop Interview Questions