Top SEO Jobs with their Salary Trends for 2019
What type of jobs SEO as a field has? Are SEO professionals in demand? What are the salary trends in SEO? Everyone wants to know the answers to the above questions but nobody quite finds it right. Here, in this blog, you will find exactly what you are looking for. From the available job profiles to skills to career path to salaries, there will be nothing left uncovered. So, what are you waiting for? Start exploring.
Keeping you updated with latest technology trends, Join DataFlair on Telegram
1. Why Should You take Interest in SEO Jobs?
Thousands of websites are created every day. If you need to manage your business online and compete with other online business owners and be in better position than your competitiors, you have to know digital marketing in depth. For example, to be a content writer you should possess good writing skills and implacable vocabulary. To become an SEO specialist, you should know all about on-page and off-page SEO stuff. To make your career in social media marketing, you should know all about social media platforms and how to use them for campaigning purposes.
The second reason is salary, all the SEO related jobs offer a handsome salary and need different qualifications.
2. Why SEO Jobs are More popular?
Nowadays, people are switching and marketing their business through online or Digital media rather than using traditional media. Almost every company and every domain have a digital marketing expert and the major role in digital marketing is SEO. SEO work is done to elevate the website’s ranking and increases the business of any website by attracting maximum organic web traffic. Therefore, SEO is becoming prominent with the pay scale reaching heights.
3. SEO Career Path
Above shown image reflects the career path of a digital marketing professional which starts from a content writer and goes up to the Vice President of an organization. Content writing is the initial step and requires in-depth knowledge of vocabulary, use of relevant keywords, the flow of an article, etc.
4. SEO Skills
To become an SEO professional you should pose some of the following SEO skills.
- You must be good at analytics: If you are running some ad campaigns then you must be able to analyze on tools like Google analytics. Your calculation part should be very strong and you should know how to calculate CTR, PPC of your website.
- Article writing is an important part of SEO: You must be good at vocabulary and grammar to make a good readable article or blog.
- You should know about link building on your website. Link Building is very crucial to gain the trust of the readers and to increase the domain authority of your website. There are links like do-follow, no-follow and many other hyperlinks. You should be aware about all of them.
- Mobile marketing is the new cool and you must be aware of all tools that are used to do the same. Your website should work properly on mobile and desktops both.
- Keywords search is another aspect of SEO. It doesn’t matter if your content is great but if the tags and attached keywords are irrelevant, you will never be able to get a higher rank on your website. So it’s very important for you to have basic knowledge of keyword search.
- You should be aware of website building platforms such as WordPress.com, Wix, etc. These tools help you in making an optimized website as per your business. Also, these tools offer features that can help you in fixing some common errors.
5. Latest SEO Jobs and Their Earnings
5.1 Content Writer
Content writing is a profession where professionals need to create, write and edit all types of content that you see on any website, blogs or any social media profile of an organization. Extensive researching and data mining is required to write good content. Professionals create a variety of online material for the website/business that includes invitation emails, SMS, articles on social media. They earn around 1.50-2.00 LPA.
Some basic content writing work includes:–
- Publishing of web content
- Monitor the response of the audience after reading those content
- Perform calendar management
- Target the audience that is looking for some specific content
5.2 SEO Specialist
SEO specialists have to make sure that on-page and off-page SEO is optimized and the website’s rank is increased. Their work includes managing the design and layout of the website which includes tags, description, URLs, backlinks, etc. They have to ensure that the website/webpage appears on the first page of SERP. They earn somewhere around 2.00 – 4.50 LPA.
Some major responsibilities are:-
- Develop and implement all SEO strategies
- Always keep an eye into all running campaigns and take initiatives to improve them.
- Measure competitors’ performance to know more about upcoming trends.
- Take client suggestion to create new campaigns.
5.3 Digital Marketing Manager
They are the head of all marketing campaign and ongoing marketing projects in an organization. They are mostly involved in e-commerce business to analyze the product’s visibility and brand awareness and take care of the sales part of the same business. They earn 2.0- 6.0 LPA
Their contribution includes:-
- Developing new marketing strategies for the team and give them their targets.
- Co-ordinating all running marketing campaigns with other departments.
- Supervise all running campaigns regarding budgets and other outsourced expenses.
- Interact with users using all communication channels.
- Track and monitor all online marketing activities that can affect sales of the organization.
5.4 SEO Consultant
They focus on the keyword part and research activity going around all running campaigns. All images, videos, graphics, and other copyright-related issues are handled by an SEO analyst. An SEO consultant is involved in an institutional campaign like manufacturing sectors, service sectors, etc. They also perform a competitive analysis to stay ahead of other firms. They earn around 1.90- 5.30 LPA.
5.5 Marketing Intern
A marketing executive performs a number of duties that are no also related to offline as well online marketing.A marketing intern also takes part in the webinar and other customer-centric conferences.They earn around 1.50 – 2.00 LPA.
An intern earns around 12k-15k per month which is obviously less as compare to all professionals but he/she gets to learn a lot from the company’s executives.
Their contributions are:-
Taking part in publicity events for products (ATL and BTL activities).
Taking part in the launching of online and offline services of the organization.
Making a sales pitch with different customers.
Taking part in primary and secondary research work
5.6 SEO Director
SEO director is the head of the department who heads all online marketing campaigns. He is the one who sets all designed goals and targets. SEO director takes a decision after analyzing all available concerned perspectives. He looks out for the proper functioning of the SEO department. The head of SEO earns around 80k- 1.5 LPM
5.7 SEO Account Manager
SEO account manager manages to perform the duty of suggesting and monitoring various marketing activities going on. He reviews the end results that are the outcomes of Google campaign and other SEO activities. By viewing all those campaigns he gives his valuable inputs to make the campaigns more result oriented. He earns around 28k-35k per month.
5.8 SEO Strategist
SEO strategist as the name suggests constructs all those strategies that can help to elevate the website’s ranking. He has to go through all the techniques and tools that have to be used to implement SEO work. These suggested strategies then later go to the analyst and other executives. He earns around 25k-30k per month.
6. Average SEO salary in India
As we can see in the above graphs the average salary is shown as per the product activity, total experience and state. It’s clearly visible that SEO professionals are earring well in IT sector. Talking of the experience, the salary graph increases with the increase in experience and with that Maharashtra is on the top of providing SEO jobs.
7. Qualification and Certifications for SEO Jobs
Knowledge and qualifications vary with each profile. It all depends on how clear your concepts are. The more you are aware of the latest technologies, the more you will be able to perform the tasks with expertise.
Certificates in digital marketing matter a lot in the SEO field. For example, two students are applying for the same post in the same company. Both of them have the same academic qualifications but one of them holds certificates from Google and Facebook or other reputed company in online marketing courses then obviously preference will be given to the one who holds the certificate because that is a proof of a person having knowledge and expertise in the field.
SEO jobs are based on demand and supply. These jobs are new and trending in the current marketing scenario and are high in demand. Fortunately, the supply is low and hence the salaries offered are high. So, this is the right time to get into this field- upgrade your skills, make yourself suitable for this field and become an expert in SEO.
If you have any query regarding SEO jobs, ask in the comment section.