What is SEO Content Writing? – Develop Your SEO Content Strategy
Content has and will always be an important factor in SEO. No matter how good your website looks, how attractive are the images posted, if these don’t have relevance with the topic you are writing about, then, it will all be in vain. Before starting with this tutorial, it is very important to have a look at SEO tips. This will help you in relating things to this topic very easily and will be a lot easier to understand. Today, we will see an important aspect of on-page SEO that is the SEO content. In this SEO content writing tutorial, we will discuss:
- The importance of content for SEO.
- We will learn the strategy for SEO content writing.
- How to develop it.
- Components of SEO content optimization.
Keeping you updated with latest technology trends, Join DataFlair on Telegram
What is SEO Content Writing?
What should be your SEO Content Strategy?
- Your title keywords should be an exact replica of the title of your blog or title of your web page’s heading.
- You should write your content in such a way that it should contain the maximum keywords provided in all tags.
- Avoid overusing of search keywords in the main content. You can also go for alternate keywords that can replace already used keywords.
- Provide proper headings to every paragraph. Use paragraphs with short and crisp content.
- Irrelevant texts and pictures can decrease your SEO ranking.
- Your content should give user extract information for which they have clicked on your website. Always deliver content that the user wants to read not what you want them to read.
How to Develop the SEO Content Strategy?
Below are some points that will help you to develop an SEO Content Strategy –
- Engagement with user
- Create something unique
- Domain authority
- Competitive advantage
- Proper information
1. Engagement with user
If you want the user to spend more time on your website, then make sure to keep them engaged with some creative images, graphics or videos. Your website should look appealing to the user. Use of only text content can bore your user. Also, try to avoid showing too many ads, because it can make your website look spammy.
2. Instead of copy-pasting, create something unique
Users always prefer something new and unique. When web spider crawls through your content and if it finds anything unique then it upgrades your website in SERP. Unique content also helps in reducing the bounce rate as it helps in developing an interest in the minds of the reader.
3. Domain authority
Use the comment box, social media gadgets to obtain feedback and reviews. This makes your content look more trustworthy and credible because when a user finds something positive written about your blog, he becomes curious to read it. He also refers it to others if found interesting.
4. Competitive advantage
Try to give your content a competitive edge over other websites. Putting some extra efforts can make your user happy and satisfied and that is what is SEO about. Try to write your content as unique as possible, spinning already published content doesn’t help you in any way.
5. Proper Information
Whatever topic you choose to write about, make sure that each and everything related to the topic is covered, there should not be even a piece of information left for which the user has to refer to some other site.
How to Optimize SEO Content?
- Content writing also requires some analytical research to know about current trends. Use tools such as keyword planner & Google console to know trending keywords.
- Avoid using keywords that have high search rate as it will take your competition to the next level.
- Always choose your keywords that match your content. Subject’s content should match with selected keywords.
- Use a long-tailed keyword to give it a realistic look.
- Break down your content in small paragraphs. Paragraphs should have 3-4 sentences and not more than that.
- Don’t deviate from your topic and stay focused on the flow of your content.
- Promote your content using social media platforms like facebook and twitter.
- Don’t forget to generate backlinks, as it will increase your website’s credibility.
Components of SEO Optimized Content
The user browses different websites to get information that can be used to enhance and add to his existing knowledge. It is very important to engage the user with your content and to do that, content should be optimized as per the user’s requirement.
1. Title Tag Optimization
Title tag refers to the clickable heading text that shows the name of your website or blog when a user performs a specific keyword search. It’s part of content optimization and also needs to be optimized. To do so, you should keep your title text under 60 characters with some specific keyword that you want the user to remember easily. Your main keyword should be placed at the beginning of the tag and most importantly don’t deviate from your topic of that specific tag.
2. Meta Description Optimization
Meta tag gives a brief about your website. Google gives you a limit of 160 characters in which you have to write exact and precise information about your website. It should be short, to the point and should have relevant keywords.
3. URL Optimization
URLs specify the location of your webpage in a computer network. Make URLs readable for the users. They should be short and precise. Keywords can also be used for URLs. It boosts your SEO score.
Content writing plays a very important role in boosting web traffic as well as in gaining ranking from the search engine. Using simple language and to give what the readers want to read is the key, therefore always make sure not to deviate from the topic and provide to-the-point information. Apart from showcasing good content, website designing also plays a major role in SEO. A combination of these two in a blog is like a cherry on the top.