Data Scientist Salary in India – Job Description & Job Trends
1. Data Scientist Salary in India
Today, in our Data Science Tutorial, we will discuss Data Scientist Salary. Along with the Salary of data Scientist in India, We will see Data Science Job Description and Job Trends. Moreover, we will discuss the Salary Range of Data Scientist. If the Data Scientist job role appears lucrative to you, you should know exactly how much a data scientist takes home. In this blog, we discuss the situations for data scientists and analysts in India.
So, let’s explore Data Scientist Salary.
2. Data Science Jobs Description
A data scientist mines complex data and deliver systems-related advice to his/her organization. In a team, they manage statistical data and look at what their company needs to create different models. A data scientist knows how to interpret data and extract meaning from it. Since data is rarely ever clean, s/he spends time collecting, cleaning, and munging it. S/he needs skills like statistics, machine learning, software engineering skills, persistence, and being human. That person also spends time in exploratory data analysis- in visualization and data sense. S/he will find patterns, build algorithms and models, design experiments, communicate with team members, and perform data-driven decision making.
3. Data Science Job Trends in India
For data science, we observe the following trends in job openings–
The chart above tells us that Python has the most excellent job trends in R and SAS. Where R has it at 0.053%, SAS has it at 0.023%, and Python at 0.060%.
Some points to note for Job Trends in India –
- India contributes 10% of the job openings worldwide for data scientist and data analyst.
- In 2017, India has contributed 12% of worldwide open job requirements; this statistic is 10% in 2018.
- 98% of the analytics jobs advertised in India are full-time.
- The following 10 giants release most analytics openings in 2018:
Microsoft, Adobe, Flipkart, JPMorgan, Accenture, Ernst & Young, Vodafone, Deloitte, AIG, and Wipro
- The following top designations for Data Scientist are advertised-
Analytics Manager, Business Analyst, Research Analyst, Data Analyst, SAS Analyst, Data Scientist, Analytics Consultant and Statistical Analyst.
4. Salary Range for Data Scientists
According to PayScale.com, these are the yearly Data Scientist Salary Statistics –
- Average Salary- Rs. 616, 542
- Average Bonus- Rs. 74,994
- Average Profit Sharing- Rs. 50,000
- Lowest Salary- Rs. 304,512
- Highest Salary- Rs. 1,787,677
- Lowest Bonus- Rs. 1,922
- Highest Bonus- Rs. 199,778
- Lowest Profit Sharing- Rs. 0.00
- Highest Profit Sharing- Rs. 193,916
This makes the total pay range from Rs. 320,757 to Rs. 1,850,396.
5. Factors Affecting Data Science Salary Ranges
The following parameters factor into how much you can take home as a data scientist and what will be your chances of finding a job for the same-
Have a look at Data Science Environment Setup
- Work experience- It strongly determines what you will be paid.
- Location- With Bengaluru at 73% votes, Mumbai stands second at 13.9% votes for job opportunities with Data Science. Pune stands at 5%, Delhi NCR at 3%, and others at 6%.
- Industry- The IT & Services industry has a great demand for data scientists- this is at a whopping 26.8%. This is followed by e-commerce at 23.6%, banking at 23.6%, healthcare at 12%, retail at 8%, and others at 6%.
- Formal education- Let’s see if formal education makes a difference.
- Programming experience- How important is your experience with programming.
- Type of Company.
- Skills acquired.
- Area of interest- Most data scientists wants to work on customer service, banking, and medicine.
So, this was all in Data Scientists Salary in India. Hope you like our explanation.
Hence, in this article of Data Scientist Salary in India, we saw factors affecting the salary of data Science in India. Moreover, we discussed Data Science job description and job trends. If there something else you’d like to add to the list of Data Scientist Salary in India, feel free to drop it in the comments below.