AWS VPC Tutorial – 3 Amazing Benefits of Virtual Private Cloud
In our last tutorial, we studied AWS Lambda. Today, we will explore AWS VPC Tutorial with all its benefits. Moreover, we will cover the features of AWS Virtual Private Cloud and VPN Connection Pricing.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) is built on the virtual network, specially design for AWS Accounts.
So, let’s start the AWS VPC Tutorial.
Stay updated with latest technology trends
Join DataFlair on Telegram!!
What is AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)?
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) helps a firm or a user by providing virtual cloud space for integrating the business.
With AWS VPC one can completely monitor virtual networking environment, including the selection of your own IP address range, the creation of subnets, and configuration of route tables and network gateways these features helps a lot to integrate businesses.
Amazon VPC allows you to logically analyze the section of Amazon Cloud where one can launch AWS Resources in the virtual network. To provide secure and easy access fourth and sixth revision to the Internet Protocol can be used.
AWS VPC Features
Following are the major features of Amazon VPC, let’s discuss them one by one:
- AWS VPC is flexible to connectivity as it can get connected to the Internet, data center based on AWS resources that one can expose publically and those which one has to keep private.
- It privately connects to the Software as service solutions which Is supported by AWS Private link.
- Ability to privately connect the VPCs within your own organizations and internal services across different accounts.
- Privately connect to Virtual Private Network without using an Internet gateway.
- Peer VPCs together to share resources across multiple virtual networks owned by the owner or other AWS accounts.
- Using network access control list inbound and outbound access to and from individual subnets is controlled.
- It provides a feature of security such that the data stored in Amazon S3 can only be accessed from within your Amazon VPC.
- Using VPC peering you can connect your AWS VPC with other VPCs and access resources in the other VPCs.
Benefits of Amazon VPC
These are the major AWS VPC Benefits, let’s explore them:
- Easy to use and setup
- Scalability and Reliability
a. Easy to use and setup
With the help of the AWS Management Console, one can easily and quickly set up AWS VPC. It also helps you to focus only on creating the application as the process such as Subnets, IP ranges, route tables, and security groups are automatically created.
To enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level VPC provides advanced security features. You can provide security to Amazon S3 by restricting access so that it can access from instances in your AWS VPC.
c. Scalability and Reliability
AWS VPC provides a facility of instant scalability so that you can instantly scale your resources up or down, select Amazon EC2 instances types and sizes that are right for your applications. It also helps to save the extra cost as there are no upfront costs.
VPN Connection Pricing
- $0.05 per VPN Connection-hour
- $0.048 per VPN Connection-hour for connections to the Tokyo and Osaka Region.
- $0.065 per VPN Connection-hour for AWS GovColud (US) Region.
Some Facts about Amazon Virtual Private Network
Additional VPC can create with the help of Amazon Management Console by choosing additional VPC by going to the Amazon VPC page and selecting Start VPC wizard. The next step will be choosing the topology among the four of them.
After the VPC creates, you can begin launching Amazon EC2 instances into your VPC. In Amazon VPC one can support multiple layers of security, including security groups and network access control lists. This will help the control access to Amazon EC2 instances in each subnet.
So, this was all about Amazon VIrtual Private Cloud Tutorial. Hope you liked our explanation.
Hence, we studied Amazon VPC is convenient and secure as if an organization expands its AWS Usage the S3, Relational Database Service, and other applications helps to improve the performance. Amazon VPC provides real-world cloud usage like the private network and great flexibility.
AWS VPC is deceptive because it’s about creating private networks, not dedicated clouds. Still, if you have a doubt, share with us!