AWS Glossary – List of AWS Terms (Mostly Used)
In our last chapter, we cover AWS Architecture. Here, we will explore AWS Glossary or AWS Terms. In this AWS Tutorial, we cover terminologies used in Amazon Web Services.
So, let’s start AWS Glossary Tutorial.
Stay updated with latest technology trends
Join DataFlair on Telegram!!
Here, is a list of Terminologies uses in Amazon Web Services:
- AWS Management Console- It is a web-based user interface which is simple and intuitive and is used to manage Amazon Web Services.
- AWS Elastic Cloud Compute- It is a service that provides secure and reliable capacity in the cloud and it also makes it easier for developers to make web-scale cloud computing.
- Elastic Beanstalk- AWS Elastic BeanStalk helps the user to deploy and manage the AWS applications without worrying about the infrastructure.
- Elastic Load Balancer- It helps to distribute the incoming traffic to different targets which can be Amazon EC2 instances, containers, and IP addresses and hence reduces the load.
- Auto Scaling- AWS Autoscaling examines the application and adjust the capacity to keep up the Steady, and foreseen performance while keeping it economical.
- Workspace- WorkSpace helps to provision either Windows or Linux desktop very quickly. It also analyzes to give ample amount of desktops to workers across the globe
- Lambda- Lambda helps the user to execute the code without managing the servers and providing surveillance. It can also scale the code from a less number of requests to thousands of them within a second.
- Virtual Private Cloud- It helps the user to monitor a logically isolated section of the AWS cloud. In this section, the user can launch the AWS resources.
- Route 53- It is a Cloud Domain Name (DNS) system web service. It also translates the name into IP address for the companies. It is also compliant with IPv6.
- Direct Connect- It helps the user to set up a dedicated network from the place of the user to AWS.
- Amazon S3- AWSS3 is a storage service by AWS which helps the user to store and retrieve the data.
- Elastic Block Store- It is a storage volume which is used along with Amazon EC2 instances in AWS cloud.
- AWS Storage Gateway- Storage Gateway helps the user by enabling the current application to use AWS cloud storage.
- Amazon glacier- It is an economical storage service which also provides security features for data archiving and backup.
- Snowball- Snowball is used to transfer a large amount of data in and out of the AWs cloud. It uses divides which are secure and transfers a large amount of data.
- CloudFront– CloudFront Is a web service which helps the user to increase the speed of the distribution of the dynamic and static web content. For an instance HTML, .css, .js, and image files.
- Relational Database– With the help of Relational Database the data can access and reassemble in many ways without recognizing database table.
- Aurora– Aurora is a type of Relational Database service which merges the performance and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity.
- Elasticache- Elasticache deploys, operate and scale known open source compatible in-memory data stores.
- DynamoDB- It is a non-relational database service which provides an enhanced performance. It also offers features like built-in security, backup and restores, and in-memory caching.
- Redshift- Amazon Redshift is a fully managed petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud.
- Kinesis- Amazon Kinesis helps the user to collect, process, and analyze real-time data. This helps to get the insights within a time limit.
- Elastic Map Reduce- it provides a managed Hadoop framework which processes several data across dynamically scalable Amazon EC2 instances.
- Data Pipeline- It is a web service which helps the user to process and moves the data in between different AWs compute and storage services.
- Amazon Machine Learning- This service makes it easy for the developers to a user the machine learning technology.
- CloudSearch- It is a totally managed service which makes it easy and economical to manage and scale a search solution for the website and application.
- AWS Simple Queue Service- AWS SQS, a managed messaging service which allows the user to decouple and scale microservices, distributed system, and serverless application.
- Simple Notification Service- It is a fully managed message delivery service which informs the user about the status of the AWs Account.
- AWS Simple Email Service- It is a flexible, affordable, and highly scalable service used to send the email. It is a cloud bases service which is designed to help digital marketers and application.
- Simple Workflow Service- This service helps the developers to build, run, and scale background jobs which have parallel and sequential steps.
- Workmail- It is a managed business Email and calendar service which allows the user to access their email, calendars, and contacts using the client application which they can choose from.
- Identity and Access Management- It manages the access to the AWS services and resources securely. With this, the user can allow and deny the person to the AWS resources.
- Key Management Service- Key Management Service service helps to create and control the encryption keys which use for encrypt the data.
- CloudTrail- Cloudtrail helps by monitoring, governing, and providing surveillance to the AWS account.
- CloudFormation – It provides a language which describes and provision all the infrastructure resources in the cloud environment
- Multi-Factor Authentication– MFA provides an extra protection to the user by protecting the top of username and password.
- Internet of Things- IoT connects the physical world to the internet so that the user can utilize the data from various devices to increase productivity.
- Analytics- AWS Analytics analyze the data with a broad selection of analytic tools and engines.
- Database- AWS Database is fast and reliable which provides storage facility which can access through anywhere and it is economical too.
- Networking- AWS networking products help to isolate the cloud infrastructure, connect to a physical network, and scale the capacity to handle the requests.
- SDK- SDKs provide Java APIs for many AWS services which make it less complex to code.
- LightSail – LightSail helps the inexperienced user by offering bundles of cloud computing power and memory.
- Compliance- It is a no-cost, self-service resource for identifying cloud-related regulatory requirements.
- Developer Tools- It helps the user to build, test, and deploy the code made by the user.
- Management Tools- Management tools allow the user to programmatically provision, monitor, and automate all the components of the cloud environment.
So, this was all about AWS Glossary Tutorial. Hope you like our explanation.
AWS Glossary – Conclusion
Hence, we studied AWS Glossary and understand the terminologies used in Amazon Web Service. Furthermore, if we miss something or you have any query regarding AWS Glossary feel free to approach us!