SOSL Salesforce – Use, Performance, and Syntax
In this Salesforce tutorial, we will see SOSL Salesforce. We start our SOSL Salesforce Tutorial with the meaning of SOSL in Salesforce, Then, we move towards SOSL Salesforce example and SOSL syntax. Also, we will look at the use and performance considerations of SOSL Salesforce.
So, let’s start SOSL in Salesforce.
2. What is SOSL Salesforce?
Utilize the Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) to develop content based pursuit questions against the search index.
Let’s revise the Salesforce Architecture
You can look content, email, and telephone fields for various items, including custom protests, that you approach in a solitary question in the accompanying situations.
- Cleanser or REST calls.
- Peak explanations.
- Visualforce controllers and getter techniques.
- Mapping Explorer of the Eclipse Toolkit.
3. When to Use SOSL in Salesforce?
Utilize Salesforce SOSL when you don’t know which question or field the information lives in, and you need to:
Recover information for a particular term that you know exists inside a field. Since SOSL can tokenize different terms inside a field and construct a hunt record from this, SOSL looks are speedier and can return more important outcomes.
You must know top Salesforce Services
Recover various protests and fields proficiently where the articles may or probably won’t be identified with each other.
It recovers information for a specific division in an association utilizing the divisions highlight.
Recover information that is in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or Thai. Morphological tokenization for CJKT terms guarantees exact outcomes.
4. Performance Considerations in SOSL
On the off chance that your pursuits are excessively broad, they are moderate and return an excessive number of results. Utilize the accompanying provisions to characterize productive content quests.
- IN: Limits the kinds of fields to seek, including email, name, or telephone.
- LIMIT: Specifies the most extreme number of lines to return.
- OFFSET: Displays the list items on numerous pages.
- RETURNING: Limits the articles and fields to return.
- WITH DATA CATEGORY: Specifies the information classifications to return.
- DivisionFilter: Specifies the division field to return.
- WITH NETWORK: Specifies the network ID to return.
- WITH PricebookId: Specifies the value book ID to return.
5. SOSL Salesforce Syntax
SOSL in Salesforce enables you to determine the accompanying inquiry criteria:
- Content articulation (single word or an expression) to scan for.
- The extent of fields to look.
- Rundown of articles and fields to recover.
- Conditions for choosing columns in the source objects.
An example of SOSL Salesforce Syntax can be:
- FIND ‘SearchQuery’ [IN SearchGroup] [RETURNING ObjectsAndFields]
SearchQuery: It is the content to look for (a solitary word or an expression). Hunt terms can be gathered with intelligent administrators (AND, OR) and brackets. Additionally, seek terms can incorporate special case characters (*, ?). The * special case matches at least zero characters at the center or end of the inquiry term. The ? special case coordinates just a single character at the center or end of the hunt term.
ObjectsAndFields: It is discretionary. It is the data to return in the query output—a rundown of at least one sObjects and, inside each sObject, rundown of at least one fields, with discretionary qualities to channel against. If not determined, the query items contain the IDs of all articles found.
Let’s discuss the Salesforce Navigation Setup Menu
So, this was all in SOSL Salesforce. Hope you like our explanation.
Hence, in this Salesforce SOSL tutorial, we learned what does the term SOSL Salesforce means. Moreover, we discussed when to use SOSL Salesforce and performance considerations of SOSL. Also, we saw the syntax of SOSL in Salesforce. Still, if any doubt occurs, ask in the comment tab.
See also –
SOSL vs SOQL