Exploring Salesforce Architecture With Example
1. Architecture of Salesforce
Today, in this Salesforce tutorial, we will see Salesforce Architecture. Firstly we will discuss the actual meaning of Salesforce Architecture with some definitions. Then we will move towards statistics for the architecture of Salesforce and Salesforce Architecture example. Moreover, we will see Salesforce Database Architecture and Salesforce sign in.
Salesforce is showing its interest in becoming more open to the community than before. Since 1999, Salesforce was singularly focusing on building just the technologies for all those businesses those are developing over the internet, by displacing all the traditional software on their own.
So, let’s start with Salesforce Architecture.
2. What is Salesforce Architecture?
- Instance- This is a set which includes a set of system, network, and storage infrastructure, of both share as well as non shared.
Example – na14. Salesforce.com
- Superpod – It is a set which includes a set of system, network, and storage infrastructure moreover including outbound proxy servers, load balancers, mail servers, SAN fabric supporting multiple instances. Superpod provides us with service isolation which is inside a data center so that the problems with shared or even complex components cannot impact each and every instance in the data center.
- Org ( that is “ Organisation”) – this refers to a single customer of the Salesforce application. Each and every trial started on www.salesforce.com or developer.force.com swaps a new organization. org is an element which is highly customizable and can have a distinct number of security customizations, record visibility and sharing settings, UI look and the feel, triggers, workflow, customer object, custom fields on standard salesforce.com CRM objects. an org can be supportive to any one of the million licensed individual customer, portal user account, and Force.com website user accounts.
- Sandbox – Let’s take an example where Salesforce.com services take host full copies organizations for the customer application development purposes. Costumers can use this software and the platform and can have full application development lifecycles. These check environment for the costumer for the testing against their application before developing changes into their real production org.
3. Stats of Salesforce (As Of August 2013)
- 17 North America instances, 4 EMEA instances, and 2 APAC instances.
- 20 sandbox instances.
- 1,300,000,000+ daily transactions.
- 24,000 database transactions per second at peak (equivalent to a page .view on other sites).
- 15,000+ hardware systems.
- 22 PB of raw SAN storage capacity.
- 5K SAN ports.
4. Salesforce Software Technologies Employed
- Linux for development and primary production systems.
- Solaris 10 w/ ZFS.
- Apache QPID
- Puppet, Razor
- Perl, Python
- Perforce, Git, Subversion
5. Sign in to Salesforce.com
Salesforce maintains a huge amount of servers to handle the traffic for all instance. Some of the servers accept the request for a login and then redirect it to users home instance. This is the actual scene of what happens when anyone log in.
Traffic of the customer starts with the external DNS of Salesforce. When the lookup has finally returned to IP address, standard routes direct it to its datacenter whichever is appropriate.
6. Salesforce Architecture – Inside Instance
The load Balancer directs all the traffic to applications of the given instance. At this tier, Salesforce serves standards webpage traffic along with API traffic both. Major of both is the API traffic as it contributes up to more than 60 percent of the traffic serviced by application overall.
7. Salesforce Database Architecture
As Salesforce.com is one of the heaviest data-based systems and reducing the load on the database is one of the basic need of the program. In order to reduce the load on the database, Salesforce developed ACS-API cursor server. Which solved two problems. Firstly they use to store cursors but the deleted item was impacting the performance. Secondly, after moving from using a database table to hold cursors, the DDL overhead became a negative point.
So, this was all in the Salesforce Architecture tutorial, Hope you like our explanation
8. Conclusion: Salesforce Architecture Overview
Hence, in this Salesforce Architecture, we learned what is the basic structure of the Salesforce technology what were its stats as of 2013 and what types of software are being employed in this software. Moreover, we discussed Salesforce Database Architecture and Salesforce CRM Architecture. Also, we saw salesforce technical architecture diagram and Salesforce platform architecture, So, in this way, we have completed over Salesforce Architecture Overview. Still, if any doubt, ask in the comment tab.