Salesforce Schema Builder – Capability & Procedure
Keeping you updated with latest technology trends, Join DataFlair on Telegram
1. Schema Builder in Salesforce
In this Salesforce tutorial, we will see Salesforce Schema Builder. This Schema Builder in Salesforce article explains to us the actual meaning of Salesforce Schema Builder. Moreover, we will see the procedure of Salesforce Schema with a diagram. At last, we will discuss Capabilities of Salesforce Schema.
2. What is Salesforce Schema Builder?
Salesforce Schema Builder provides a dynamic surrounding to feature new custom objects, custom fields, and relationships to your schema. This eliminates the requirement to click from page to page to seek out the details of a master-detail relationship or to feature a brand new custom field to an object in your schema. For instance, if you’re using Schema Builder to look at the details of your schema, you’ll add a brand new custom object while not leaving Schema Builder in Salesforce. The drag-and-drop interface helps you to simply add a custom object or new field and saves the layout of your schema any time you move an object in Salesforce.
Do you know about Salesforce Architecture
Schema Builder in Salesforce provides details like the field values, needed fields, and how objects are connected by displaying search and master-detail relationships. You’ll view the details for both standard and custom objects in Schema Builder.
3. What is the Capability of Salesforce Schema Builder?
Salesforce Schema Builder forms the default is enabled and it gives you the liberty to add some of the items to the scheme. These items are as follows.
- Custom objects
- Master-detail relationships
- Lookup relationships
- Fields of the following types
- Auto Number
- Roll-up Summary
- Picklist (Multi-Select)
- Text Area
- Long Text Area
- Text (Encrypted)
- Rich Text Area
4. Salesforce Schema Builder Working Procedure
Below, we are discussing the procedure of Salesforce Schema Builder:
- Firstly go to the setup menu and then click on the Schema Builder. Same is displayed in the picture.
- Secondly, drag and drop the file in the working area as shown in the picture.
- Thirdly, as soon as you have completed with the drag and drop step you have to save your object with details.
- Fourthly, add a file by drag and drop.
- Fifthly, save all the fields. as shown in the picture.
Now when all the steps are completed you are done with your work and a output window will appear on your computer screen as shown in the picture.
So, this was all in the Salesforce Schema Builder. Hope you like our explanation.
Hence, in this Salesforce Schema Builder tutorial, we learned what is a Schema Builder in Salesforce. Moreover, we discussed the benefits, uses, and procedure of Schema Builder in Salesforce. Still, if any doubt, ask in the comment tab.