Salesforce Navigation Setup Menu – Salesforce Tutorial
Today, in this Salesforce Tutorial, we will see Salesforce Navigation Setup. Also, we will discuss the Salesforce Navigation Menu, its working, and items in the Navigation Menu of Salesforce. Along with this, we will learn the complete process of Salesforce Navigation Setup and its actual meaning.
So, let’s start the Salesforce Navigation Setup.
2. Salesforce Navigation Setup
Navigation bar in the Salesforce provides the liberty to go through different topics to browse and provides direction back to the home page of the community.
You must read Salesforce Environment Setup
If in case the individual or user is using customer service template version is Winter ’16 or later, the respective component is replaced with the Salesforce Navigation Menu component.
Select the Navigation Bar component in the page whichever you are configuring.
In the property editor, configure properties for the component of Salesforce Navigation Setup.
3. How the Navigation Menu Work in Salesforce?
There is a proper sequence in which the menu work. Which must be managed well.
- The very first item in the selected list becomes user Salesforce landing app.
- One cannot set different menu configurations for better understanding for different types of users.
- When the organization of items is done, put the most used items at the top. Smart search item element can expand up to 8 or more items and it might push other items at the end of the stroller point if the more important items are put on the top. Anything you put below the search element appears in the Apps section which comes under navigation menu.
- Just before visualforce pages, lightning pages, or even lightning components are included in the app navigator menu, create tabs for the same. Same could be done by “Setup” then “enter tabs” in the find box, and then go to select tabs.
- Anything that is being represented by the tab such as standard or custom object, visualforce page, the chatter feed, or group- everything is visible to the user of Salesforce app menu, which is based upon the users profile setting. For instance, if an individual is assigned to a profile that has multiple tabs which are set to tab hidden, the user of Salesforce won’t see these groups of the menu item in the Salesforce app, even if the administrator has included it in the menu.
4. Items in Salesforce Navigation Menu
There are a lot of items which includes in the navigation menu. Let’s discuss them:
- Approval Requests- This item displays a list of the user’s unfinished approvals. All the users of this will tap an approval item and approve or reject it from within Salesforce. Accessible in Salesforce for iOS and mobile internet.
- Canvas apps- Appears for organizations that have enabled a canvas app to appear in the navigation menu.
- Chatter- The user’s main feed. appears for organizations that have Chatter enabled.
- Dashboards – Availability depends on the edition and user permissions. If in case you forget or do not add this item to the navigation menu, dashboards automatically include within the set of smart search items instead and the Dashboards item available from the recent section.
- Events – Lists events owned by the user, that the user created for him- or herself, and that the user or a user’s teams are invited to. If you don’t add this item to the navigation menu, events automatically enclose within the set of smart search items instead and the events item offer from the recent section.
- Forecasts – A useful tool for each member of a sales team to keep track of forecast data and monitor progress towards the quota. Available within the Salesforce for android and Salesforce for iOS for iOS solely.
- Groups – Appears for organizations that have chatter enabled. If you don’t add this item to the navigation menu, teams automatically include within the set of smart search items instead and the team’s item available from the recent section.
- Lightning element tabs- Only custom lightning components that have a lightning component tab related to them can appear within the navigation menu.
- Lightning pages – Custom app pages.
- News – Displays the news app, a one-stop place for news and different insights about the user’s accounts, contacts, leads, and opportunities.
- Notes – Displays the notes app. If you don’t add this item to the navigation menu, notes include mechanically within the set of smart search items instead and the notes item offer from the recent section.
- People – Appears for organizations that have chatter enabled. if in case the user or individual forgets to add this item to the navigation menu, profiles automatically enclose within the set of smart search items instead and the people item offer from the recent section.
- Reports – Availability depends on the edition and user permissions. If you don’t add this item to the navigation menu, reports automatically include in the set of smart search things instead and the reports item available from the recent section.
5. Salesforce Navigation Setup
Setup is the main highlight. It is the part where you can make things magical. It’s the place where you will customize and configure your org, support user, built functionality or more. As an individual is getting familiar with the organs of setup area it’s not about memorizing click paths, it’s about understanding that we are looking for in the order to get to your destination back.
Let’s take a quick tour of how to find Salesforce Navigation Setup.
- You can navigate the setup menu from any page by clicking the menu “Setup Home”.
- Quick find in the setup menu is the tool that getting wherever you need to go. Anything that you need to find in the setup menu, you can search from quick find box. We can also do Navigation from the setup menu to find quick setup tools which base on the logical category.
- Upper right corner always appears an option called the Create menu. This option provides quick access to create those items which are most common in the organization and individual can do this.
- Create a new user.
- Now create multiple users at once.
- Create a new custom object.
- Now create a new custom tab.
- Create an email template.
- Create a workflow process.
- The carousel in the home page setup contains some of the useful tools which help an individual to do things quickly and easily.
- Open object manager and customize records and layouts.
- Launching of the Salesforce tile which unable mobile data access for the organizations.
- Access release notes for quick reference instantly.
So, this was all in salesforce navigation Setup Menu. Hope you like our explanation.
In this Salesforce Navigation Setup tutorial, we discussed navigation menu in Salesforce. Moreover, we saw how Salesforce Navigation Menu Work and items in Salesforce Navigation Setup. Along with this, we discussed the complete process of Salesforce Navigation Setup. we learned what does a Navigation in the Salesforce exactly means. Still, if any doubt regarding Salesforce Navigation Setup, ask in the comment tab.
See also –
Salesforce Schema Builder