NCERT Notes For UPSC Preparation – History, Geography, Polity
Are you ready for UPSC Exam? Check your preparation with Free UPSC Mock Test
The UPSC Exam is based on diverse subjects like history, polity, geography, and more. They all are equally important. The exam demands a deep understanding of each subject. This is to ensure that the candidate has knowledge in all fields and is able to apply them in the real world.
These candidates are the future Indian officers and they are also the future of the country. This is why the commission keeps the exam standards very high. In order to score a good rank and serve the country, candidates must prepare well.
The beginning is the most important part. The concepts should be clear from the very start in order to enter the complex realm of the subjects. The NCERT by far remains the best book to start the UPSC preparation.
There are other reasons as well for choosing the NCERTs. We have divided the notes subject wise for better understanding. They are easy to understand to the point to save your time and improve your knowledge. We will look at the following subjects –
- Ancient Indian History Notes For UPSC
- Medieval Indian History Notes For UPSC
- Modern Indian History Notes For UPSC
- Geography Notes For UPSC
- Indian Polity Notes For UPSC
Do you want to crack UPSC in first attempt? Join UPSC Telegram Channel
Importance of NCERT Notes for UPSC Preparation
- Reliable and have fact-checked information which is a must for examinations.
- Use of very general and simple terms becoming the best basic reference books.
- Easily accessible in all parts of the country and online as well.
- Affordable for all income groups so the price is not a boundation.
- Most Candidates study them in school years which makes it easy for them to revise.
- Have a very detailed explanation of every topic from the base.
- They clear your understanding of the topic and build your base of different subjects.
- Have graphics to explain the concept with a better understanding.
- They are a good option for basic topics but for complex on referring to other UPSC Books is better. You can see our compiled list of Best UPSC books for all subjects.
History Notes for UPSC
NCERT Ancient Indian History Notes for UPSC
- Indus Valley Civilization – Harappa Civilization
- Vedic Period (1500 BC – 500 BC)
- Pastoral and Farming Communities – Neolithic, Chalcolithic, and Early Iron Phase
- Buddhism & Jainism
- Maurya Empire
- Post Mauryan Empire
- Gupta Period
- State Formation and Urbanization – Indian History
- Prehistoric Cultures in India
NCERT Medieval Indian History Notes for UPSC
- Early Medieval India
- Mughal Dynasty
- Decline of Mughals
- Indian Society, Culture and Economics in 13th and 14th Century
- 15th and 16th Century – The Bhakti Movement
- Cultural Trends in Ancient Medieval India
NCERT Modern Indian History Notes for UPSC
- British Expansion in India – British Rule in India
- Economic Impact Of The British Raj
- Causes of Revolt of 1857 – Resistance To British Rule
- Mahatma Gandhi Thoughts and PrinciplesRise of Separatist Trends and Muslim League In Indian Nationalist Politics
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Cultural Encounters and Social Changes
Geography Notes for UPSC
NCERT Geography notes for UPSC
- Indian Geography – Basics of India
- The Himalayas – History, Map, and Facts
- The Great North Indian Plains – The Great Plains of India
- Indian Deserts – The Great Indian Desert (Thar Desert)
- Coastal Plains and Islands of India
- Major River Systems of India and Their Tributaries
- Hydropower Plants and Major Dams in India
- The Peninsular Plateau of India – Indian Geography
- Climate of India – Climatic Conditions and Seasons of India
- Agriculture in India – Government Schemes for Agriculture Sector
- Minerals and Mineral Industries in India
- Natural Vegetation and Wildlife of India
- Transportation in India – Importance of Transport in India
- Conventional Sources of Energy Vs Non-Conventional Energy Sources
- Human Geography
Important Geography Notes for UPSC
- Energy Conservation Techniques and Government Initiatives
- Power Sector in India – Issues and Government Initiatives
- Census of India 2011 – Key Facts and Data
- Major Natural Regions of the World
- Major Dams in India
- Highest Mountain Peaks in India – Statewise
- Riverside Cities in India – List of Indian Cities on Rivers
- Biosphere Reserves in India
- Major Sea Ports in India
- List of Tiger Reserves in India – Statewise
- Bird Sanctuaries in India – State-wise List
- Countries that are India’s Neighbours and their Facts
Indian Polity Notes for UPSC
NCERT Indian Polity Notes for UPSC
- Constitution of India – History, Features, and Commissions
- Sources of Indian Constitution – Features Borrowed
- Preamble to the Constitution of India / Preamble of India
- Fundamental Rights and Duties in the Indian Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy in the Indian Constitution
- Union Executives of India
- Citizenship in India Articles / Citizenship Amendment Act
- Functions of Parliament of India
- Functions of Judiciary of India – Supreme Court, High Court, and District Court
- State Executive – Governor, Chief Minister, and Council of Ministers
- State Legislature – Powers and Functions of Legislative Council
Important Indian Polity Notes for UPSC
- Article 371 of Indian Constitution – Special Provisions for States
- Emergency Provisions in The Indian Constitution
- State-wise List of Indian Governors
- Indian Cabinet Ministers and Their Constituencies
- Prime Ministers of India from 1947 – 2019
- Presidents of India from 1947-2020 with Tenure
- List of Vice Presidents of India and Their Term of Office
- List of Chief Justice of India – 1950 – 2020
- Constitutional Bodies in India and their Functions
- Local Government – Municipality and Panchayati Raj System in India
- Statutory, regulatory, and quasi-judicial bodies in India
- Pressure groups
- Comparison of Indian Constitutional Scheme With Other Countries
We saw the advantages of using NCERT books for UPSC as a reference. The topics mentioned above are very important from an exam point of view. They are relevant for UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains. And if you are choosing one of these subjects as optional, then these topics become more important.
This article will give you access to all important NCERT notes for UPSC. We have also added other important UPSC topics to help you prepare better for the exam. Reading this article will provide you with a pathway to start your exam preparation from the very start.