1. AI Robotics – Objective
In this Artificial Intelligence tutorial, will study What is Artificial Intelligence Robotics. Also, will learn the components of a Robot, and Robot Locomotion. Along with this will study Robot applications.
So, let’s start Artificial Intelligence Robotics Tutorial.
Artificial Intelligence Robotics – Components & Locomotions of Robot
2. What is Artificial Intelligence Robotics?
Basically, robots have their specific aim. As they manipulate the objects. For Example- by perceiving, picking, moving, modifying the physical properties of object.
Generally, robots are the artificial agents acting in the real world environment.
Generally, Robotics is a branch of Artificial Intelligence. That is composed of Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering. Also, Computer Science for designing, construction, and application of robots.
3. Aspects of Artificial Intelligence Robotics
- Basically, robots have mechanical construction. That is to form or shape designed to accomplish a particular task.
- Also, it contains electrical components. That is a use of power and control the machinery.
- Basically, it contains some level of a computer program. Also, it determines what, when and how a robot does something.
To build a robot we need following parts−
As robots are powered by batteries, solar power, hydraulic.
We use this to convert energy into movement.
c. Electric motors (AC/DC)
We need this for the rotational movement.
As we can say that they contract almost 40% when the air is sucked in them.
Although, we have noticed that it contract by 5% when an electric current is passed through them.
f. Piezo Motors and Ultrasonic Motors
Basically, we use it for industrial robots.
Generally, we use it in the task environment as it provides information of real-time knowledge.
5. A difference in Robot System and AI Programs
Here is the difference between Artificial Intelligence and Robotics:
- Usually, we use to operate them in computer-simulated worlds.
- Generally, an input is given in the form of symbols and rules.
- Basically, to operate this we need general purpose computers.
Read about AI Applications.
Artificial Intelligence Robotics
- Generally, we use robots to operate in the real physical world.
- Basically, inputs are given in the form of the analogue signal in the form of the speech waveform.
- Also, to operate this, special hardware with sensors and effectors are needed.
6. Robot Locomotion
We can say that it’s a type of mechanism. As it helps to make a robot capable of moving in their environment. As there are present various types of locomotion-
c. Combination of Legged and Wheeled Locomotion
a. Legged Locomotion
While demonstrating walk, jump etc. it consumes more power.
More motors are needed to accomplish a movement. Also, it’s best suited for the rough as well as smooth terrain. That is irregular or too smooth surface. That makes it consume more power for a wheeled locomotion. Although, difficult to implement because of stability issues.
This is of a different variety. Such as one, two, three, four and six legs. Also, it says that if a robot has multiple legs. Then leg coordination is necessary for locomotion.
The total number of possible gaits a robot can travel depends upon the number of its legs.
If a robot has k legs, then the number of possible events N = (2k-1)!.
In case of a two-legged robot (k=2), the number of possible events is N = (2k-1)! which makes it (2*2-1)! that is 3! = 6.
Hence, we have six different possible events-
- Lifting both the legs together
- Releasing both the legs together
In case of k=6 legs, there are 39916800 possible events. Hence the complexity of robots is directly proportional to the number of legs.
b. Wheeled Locomotion
For this, generally, we need a fewer number of motors to accomplish a movement.
It requires a fewer number of motors to accomplish a movement. Also, it’s more power efficient as compared to legged locomotion.
It always rotates around the wheel axle and around the contact.
It helps in rotating around the wheel axle and the offset steering joint.
Swedish 45o and Swedish 90o wheels
It’s called Omni-wheel. That rotates around the contact point, around the wheel axle, and around the rollers.
As it’s an Omnidirectional wheel. Although, technically it’s difficult to implement.
7. Computer Vision
Generally, it’s an Artificial Intelligence technology which robots can see. Also, play an important role in security, safety, and entertainment. It is used to extract useful information from an array of images.
a. The hardware of Computer Vision System
- Image acquisition device such as camera
- A display device for monitoring the system
- Accessories such as camera stands, cables, and connectors
8. Application Domains of Computer Vision
Generally, there are various applications of computer vision:
- Forensics, security, and surveillance
- Industrial quality inspection
9. Robot Applications
Generally, we use robots in industries for various purposes. Such as handling material, cutting, welding, colour coating, drilling, polishing, etc.
Generally, Robots are very helpful as they are capable of carrying out hundreds of clinical tests.
Basically, for rock climbing, space exploration we use robots.
For movie making, Disney’s engineers have created hundreds of robots.
So, this was all about Artificial Intelligence Robotics Tutorial. Hope you like our explanation.
As a result, we have studied Artificial Intelligence Robotics and comparison between AI vs Robotics. Also, learned robot components, locomotion and different applications of the robot. As we have used images that help you in better understanding.
Furthermore, if you feel any query feel free to ask in the comment section.