In this blog, we will study brief Artificial Intelligence introduction to understand what is artificial intelligence meaning and why AI matters in today’s world. Also, will learn types, goals, techniques for Artificial intelligence. Moreover, we will study AI applications.
2. Artificial Intelligence introduction
According to the father of Artificial Intelligence, John McCarthy, it is “The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs”.
Also, intelligence distinguish us from everything in the world. As it has the ability to understand, apply knowledge. Also, improve skills that played a significant role in our evolution.
We can define AI as the area of computer science. Further, they deal with the ways in which computers can be made. As they made to perform cognitive functions ascribed to humans.
AI draws heavily on following domains of study:
- Computer Science
- Cognitive Science
- Natural Sciences
3. Philosophy of AI
As if we see the powers that are exploiting the power of computer system, the curiosity of human lead him to wonder,
“Can a machine think and behave like humans do?”
Thus, AI was started with the intention of creating similar intelligence in machines. Also, that we find and regard high in humans.
4. Goals of AI
a. To Create Expert Systems
It is the type of system in which the system exhibit intelligent behavior, and advice its users.
b. To Implement Human Intelligence in Machines
It is the way of creating the systems that understand, think, learn, and behave like humans.
5. What Contributes to AI
Basically, artificial intelligence is based on following disciplines such as
- Computer Science
- Mathematics and
6. Types of AI
There are two types of artificial intelligence such as:
a. Strong artificial intelligence
Basically, it deals with the creation of real intelligence artificially. Also, strong AI believes that machines can be made sentient.
There are two types of strong AI:
In this computer program thinks and reasons to the level of human-being.
In this computer program develops a non-human way of thinking and reasoning.
b. Weak artificial intelligence
As a result, it doesn’t believe creating human-level intelligence in machines is possible. Although, AI techniques can be developed to solve many real-life problems.
7. Why AI
There are some reasons behind its need. So, let us first compare differences between traditional Computer programs vs. Human Intelligence.
- As it’s identified that normal humans have the same intellectual mechanisms. Moreover, the difference in intelligence is related to “quantitative biochemical and physiological conditions.”
- Traditionally, we use computing for performing mechanical computations using fixed procedures. Also, there are more complex problems which we need to solve.
Computers have more trouble in understanding a specific situation, unlike humans. Also, we need AI to make machines think and tackle such complex assignments. It is a game changer.
8. What is AI Technique?
- Basically, its volume is huge, next to unimaginable.
- Also, it is not well-organized or well-formatted.
- Although, it keeps changing constantly.
As AI Technique is a manner to organize. Also, we use it efficiently in such a way that −
- Basically, it should be perceivable by the people who provide it.
- As it should be easily modifiable to correct errors.
- Moreover, it should be useful in many situations. Though it is incomplete or inaccurate.
9. Applications of Artificial Intelligence
a. Natural Language Processing
Basically, it is possible to interact with the computer. Also, they understand only natural language that was spoken by humans.
- In strategic games, AI plays a crucial role. Such as chess, poker, tic-tac-toe, etc.,
- As applications presents which integrate machine, software to impart reasoning and advising. They provide explanation and advice to the users.
Basically, systems capable of hearing the language. And also their meanings while human talks to it.
As a result, we have studied brief Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. Also, it’s types and techniques. Moreover, learned real-life applications that will clear concept of Artificial Intelligence. Furthermore, if you feel any query, feel free to ask in the comment section.