Best 25 Apache Ambari Interview Questions
Don't become Obsolete & get a Pink Slip
Follow DataFlair on Google News & Stay ahead of the game
1. Best 25 Apache Ambari Interview Questions
If you are preparing for Ambari Interview, then you are at the right place. Today, we will cover 25 mostly asked Ambari Interview Questions, which will boost your confidence. These Ambari Interview Questions will help both freshers and experienced. We have divided the Ambari interview Questions for freshers and experienced. This will help you to prepare better.
So, let’s start exploring most asked Ambari Interview Questions.
2. Frequently Asked Ambari Interview Questions and Answers
Here is a list of top 25 Ambari Interview Questions along with their answers. While explaining the answers of interview questions asked in Ambari, we have also added the links to the relevant topics. Go through the links for better understanding. Let’s discuss the mostly asked Ambari Interview Questions –
Que 1. Explain Apache Ambari in brief.
Ans. The project which is solely focused to make life simple while using Hadoop management system is what we call Apache Ambari. There are several aspects offered by the software, such as:
- Monitoring Hadoop clusters
- Provides intuitive interface
- Backed up RESTful API’s.
- Offers an easy to use Hadoop management web UI
Que 2. What are the operating systems supported by Apache Ambari?
Ans. Ambari does support the 64-bit version of the following Operating Systems, such as:
- CentOS 6 and 7
- RHEL (Redhat Enterprise Linux) 6 and 7
- SLES (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server) 11
- Ubuntu 12 and 14
- OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux) 6 and 7
- Debian 7
Que 3. Who should learn Apache Ambari?
Ans. Candidates those are looking for various profiles must go for Apache Ambari. Profiles are:
- Hadoop administrators
- Database professionals
- Mainframe and Hadoop testing professionals
- DevOps Professionals
Que 4. Name several advantages of Apache Ambari.
Ans. Here is a list of 8 best Apache Ambari advantages:
- Installation, configuration, and management is way
- Centralized security and application
- Complete visibility to cluster health
- Metrics visualization and dashboarding
Que 5. What are the major areas where Ambari helps the system administrators to do?
Ans. 3 major function of Apache Ambari is:
- Provision of Hadoop Cluster
- Manage a Hadoop cluster
- Monitor a Hadoop Cluster
Que 6. Explain Apache Ambari architecture.
Ans. Components of Apache Ambari are-
- Ambari Server
A server which handles all the metadata, and it contains an instance of Postgres database is what we call Ambari Server. In the cluster, each host attains one copy of the Ambari agent by which Ambari server controls each host.
- Ambari Agent
The agent is an active member of the host. Its main purpose is to send heartbeats from the nodes to the Ambari server along with multiple operational metrics. Moreover, it helps to decide the health status of the nodes.
- Ambari Web
Que 7. What is the latest version of Ambari that is available in the market?
Ans. The latest version of Ambari that is available in the market is 2.6.2.
Que 8. What is the Repository?
Ans. Basically, space where it hosts the software packages that we can use for download, as well as install, is a repository.
Ambari Interview Questions for freshers – Q. 1,2,3,4,6,7
Ambari Interview Questions for experienced – Q. 5,8
Que 9. What is Yum?
Ans. The package manager that actually fetches the software packages from the repository, is what we call Yum.
On RHEL/CentOS, typically “yum”, ON SLES, typically “Zipper”.
Que 10. What is the feature that they have added in the latest release?
Ans. Majorly 2 Ambari features are added in the latest release:
- It is possible to protect Zeppelin Notebook SSL credentials
- In order to use Cloud Object Stores with HDP, we can set appropriate HTTP headers
Que 11. How many layers of Hadoop components are supported by Apache Ambari and what are they?
Ans. The layers of Hadoop components those are supported by Apache Ambari are:
- Hadoop core components:
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Essential Hadoop components:
- Components of Hadoop support:
- Apache Oozie
- Apache Sqoop
Que 12. What are the different types of Ambari repositories?
Ans. Types of Ambari Repositories are –
For Ambari server, the monitoring software packages, and Ambari agent we use this repository.
Especially, for Ambari and HDP utility packages we use it.
Basically, it helps to host Hadoop Stack packages
- Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux( EPEL)
It contains the additional set of packages for the Enterprise Linux.
Que 13. What is a local repository and when will you use it?
Ans. A hosted space in the local environment for Ambari software packages is what we call a local repository. Especially, while the enterprise clusters have no or limited outbound Internet access we use it.
Que 14. What are the benefits of setting up a local repository?
Ans. At first, we can use Ambari software packages without internet access by setting up a local repository. Its benefits are –
- Along with better installation performance, it offers enhanced governance.
- Cluster operations like service start and restart operations.
Que 15. Explain different life cycle commands in Ambari.
Ans. In order to add, remove or reconfigure any of the services, Apache Ambari has a defined set of life cycle commands, such as–
Que 16. What are the tools you need to build Ambari?
Ans. Tools we need to build Ambari are–
- JDK 7
- Apache Maven 3.3.9 or later
- Python 2.6 or later
- Node JS
- Xcode in case of Mac
Que 17. What are the different tools used for Ambari monitoring purpose?
Ans. Open source monitoring tools in Ambari are–
Ambari Interview Questions for freshers – Q. 9,10,12,13,14,15,16,17
Ambari Interview Questions for experienced – Q. 11
Que 18. What are the particular functionalities of Ganglia in Ambari?
Ans. Functionalities of Ganglia are –
- Monitoring the cluster
- Identify trending patterns
- Collect the metrics in the clusters
- To support detailed heatmaps
Que 19. What are the particular functionalities of Nagios in Ambari?
Ans. Functionalities of Nagios are –
- Nagios performs Health checking of the nodes as well as sending alerts.
- It helps to send alert emails as any of the notifications type or service type.
Que 20. Explain some of the basic commands used for Apache Ambari server?
Ans. The commands we use for Apache Ambari server are–
- In order to start the Ambari Server:
- In order to check the Ambari Server processes:
ps -ef | grep Ambari
- In order to stop the Ambari Server:
Que 21. What all tasks you can perform for managing host using Ambari host tab?
Ans. we can perform the following tasks by using Hosts tab:
- Analysing Host Status
- Searching the Hosts Page
- Performing Host related Actions
- Managing Host Components
- Decommissioning a Master node or Slave node
- Deleting a Component
- Setting up Maintenance Mode
- Adding or removing Hosts to a Cluster
- Establishing Rack Awareness
Que 22. What all tasks you can perform for managing services using Ambari service tab?
Ans. We can perform the following tasks by using the Services tab:
- Start and Stop of All Services
- Display of Service Operating Summary
- Adding a Service
- Configuration Settings change
- Performing Service Actions
- Rolling Restarts
- Background Operations monitoring
- Service removal
- Auditing operations
- Using Quick Links
- YARN Capacity Scheduler refresh
- HDFS management
- Atlas management in a Storm Environment.
Que 23. Can Ambari manage multiple clusters?
Ans. Ambari cannot manage multiple clusters. Although, it is possible to remotely view the “views” of other clusters in the same instance.
Que 24. What are the different ways you can use to secure a cluster using Ambari?
Ans. The ways we can use to secure a cluster by using Ambari are–
- We can enable Kerberos authentication from Ambari, for network security.
- It is possible to set up SSL for Ambari.
- Also, we can secure by installing Ranger and configuring primary authorization from Ambari.
- It is possible to configure Ambari to use Knox SSO.
Que 25. What is Ambari shell?
Ambari Interview Questions for freshers – Q. 18,19,21,22,24,25
Ambari Interview Questions for experienced – Q. 20,23
So, this was all in top Ambari Interview Questions. Hope you like our explanation.
3. Conclusion: Ambari Interview Questions
Hence, we have seen the best 25 Apache Ambari Interview Questions and Answers in detail. This blog covers questions for both novice and experienced learners of Ambari. However, if anyone wants to add any Ambari Interview Questions they have faced in Ambari Interview can comment down. Well, apart from all we hope this article helps!
See also –