What is SAS Software? 4 Major Types of Software in SAS
In this SAS tutorial, we are going to study what is SAS Software. We will also be looking at the types of SAS software that is available for use for free download. Simultaneously, we will discuss features of each type of SAS Software: SAS for Windows, SAS EG Software, SAS Enterprise Miner Software, and SAS STAT Software.
So, let’s get started with SAS Softwares.
Stay updated with the latest technology trends while you're on the move - Join DataFlair's Telegram Channel
What is SAS Software?
The full form of SAS is Statistical Analysis Software. It was created in the year 1960 and was used for, business intelligence, Predictive Analysis, Descriptive and Prescriptive Analysis, data management etc. Since then, many new statistical procedures and components were introduced in the software.
Types of SAS Software
Now, in SAS software tutorial, we will talk about 4 types of SAS Software. Let’s discuss them one by one:
1. SAS for Windows
It offers the following features of SAS Software:
- Modernize your SAS environment by enabling grid processing, prioritizing programs and users, and taking advantage of your entire available infrastructure.
- Take advantage of a range of cloud data sources, process big data where it resides and deploys where you choose in a stream, cloud, data lake or in operations. You have the ultimate flexibility.
- Easily deploys SAS; having fewer software integration points simplifies installation, maintenance, and support. You can follow a container deployment distribution strategy for new users. The clustered midtier provides high availability no matter what you choose.
Don’t forget to check – SAS Features
2. SAS Enterprise Guide (EG)
SAS Enterprise Guide (EG) is a more GUI-like IDE with wizards to assist with writing code for various processes. EG helps novices with unfamiliar procedures and removes some of the problems for seasoned programmers. For example – The new program editor has various levels of auto-complete, like suggesting library and table names. The wizards help a programme by abstracting certain elements, like color selection of a graph.
It offers the following features of SAS Software:
- Access to much of the functionality of SAS
- An intuitive, visual, customizable interface
- Transparent access to data
- Ready-to-use tasks for analysis and reporting
- Easy ways to export data and results to other applications
- Scripting and automation
- A code editing facility
Do you know? – Input Methods in SAS Programming Language
3. SAS Enterprise Miner (EM)
SAS Enterprise Miner is an advanced analytics data mining tool intended to help users quickly develop descriptive and predictive models through a data mining process.
It has the following features of SAS Software:
- Easy-to-use GUI and batch processing – Build more and better models faster.
- Sophisticated data preparation, summarization, and exploration – Address missing values, filter outliers, develop segmentation rules, etc., with a powerful and interactive data preparation tools.
- Advanced predictive and descriptive modeling – Gain superior analytical depth with a suite of statistical, data mining and machine-learning algorithms.
- Open source integration with R – Perform data transformation and exploration, train and score supervised and unsupervised models in R.
- High-performance capabilities – Boost performance with the included high-performance data mining nodes.
- A fast, easy, self-sufficient way for business users to generate models – SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler automatically steps nontechnical users through a workflow of data mining tasks.
- Model comparisons, reporting, and management – Quickly identify which models produce the best lift and overall ROI with easy-to-use assessment features.
- Automated scoring – Automatically generate score code in SAS.
Learn to Create Variables in SAS
4. SAS STAT Software
This SAS software is exclusively used for statistical processes and encompasses a wide range of features which are:
i. Analysis of Variance
- Balanced and unbalanced designs
- Multivariate analysis of variance and repeated measurements
- Linear models
- More analysis of variance capabilities
ii. Descriptive Statistics
- Box-and-whisker plots
- Compute directly and indirectly standardized rates and risks for study populations
- More descriptive statistics capabilities
iii. Distribution Analysis
- Univariate and bivariate kernel density estimation
- More distribution analysis capabilities
- Least squares regression
- Principal components regression
- 18 standardization methods
- Hundreds of statistical graphs available with analyses
- Customization provided
- Statistical graphics capabilities
- Sample selection
This was all about SAS Software. Hope you like our explanation.
Have a look at – Special & Built-in Data Set in SAS
This was all about SAS Software and types of SAS Softwares. Mostly we use windows SAS in organizations as well as in SAS Institute for training. Some of the organizations use Linux but there is no graphical user interface so you have to write code for every query. But in windows SAS there are a lot of utilities available which helps the programmers and it also reduces the time of writing the codes as well. Furthermore, if you have any query, feel free to ask in the comment section.