Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Free Online Certification Courses – Learn Today. Lead Tomorrow. Forums Apache Hadoop Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DataFlair TeamDataFlair Team
      Spectator

I have successfully installed Hadoop on a single node cluster. However, every time I run a command, be it start, stop or any other command, it throws a warning “Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform”.

I have tried setting (exporting) hadoop_opts and common native lib parameters but still no luck.

To my surprise, the $HADOOP_HOME/lib and $HADOOP_HOME/lib/native directories are both empty.

My VM is a 64 bit machine but Ubuntu is 32 bit.

Could you assist in resolving this?

Thanks

Spectator

The reason you are getting the warning ”Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform” is due to the Hadoop setup was actually compiled with some other version of the platform. The solution is you can build Hadoop directly from the source code.
      BTW it is just a warning, we recommend you to ignore the same. Although it is giving the error but it is loading the Hadoop libraries.

The location of libraries / jars is $HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop

For more details, please follow:
      http://data-flair.training/blogs/hadoop-introduction-tutorial-quick-guide/

Spectator

May be it can resolve your problem, adding following lines in .bashrc:

export HADOOP_COMMON_LIB_NATIVE_DIR=$HADOOP_HOME/lib/native
      export HADOOP_OPTS=”-Djava.library.path=$HADOOP_HOME/lib”
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.